Saturday, April 27, 2013

Baby Blues






She's a new girl, and she's having trouble adjusting to life in my office. Sometimes she doesn't listen to me. Other times, she just sits and stares into space.

No, I don't have a difficult employee. I have a brand-new computer. She is doing a lot of whining right now.

So am I. I've spent the last couple of days working on it. I spent today talking with the friendly folks at tech support to figure out what is making my baby so colicky.


It's not like it's my first one. I've been a new mom before. I remember the late nights holding its hand, the little messes it makes, the days I have to give it a time-out until it does what it's told.

Right now it's pretty much consuming my days. I'm on a first name basis with the tech guys. We're going to chat again next week, to see if the wayward child is responding to therapy.

I'll try to keep up my posting in the meantime. But if I miss a day, it's probably because I'm conferring with the doctors. Or my baby's been banished to the corner.

No comments: